Here’s just a final rundown on logistics for the weekend, and if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to e-mail or text me (Jim O’Neil) at 508.517.3668.
1. Catching Joy, our fiscal sponsor and long-time GiveCamp participant, is doing a collection drive for NEW socks and art supplies, so please consider bringing something with you to support their efforts.
2. We will have a dinner of pizza and salad served at 5:30 p.m.. tomorrow, but usually don’t start the formal program until 7, when we have critical mass of participants. Feel free but not obligated to be there at 5:30.
3. We will be serving six meals during the weekend (and only ONE is pizza!), and there will be plenty of healthy and not-so-healthy munchies, so no need to stop by Dunks or Starbucks on the way in.
4. You are welcome to spend both nights in the building. Many bring tents or air mattresses, and we have a separate area that’s a little less traveled for you to pitch camp. There are showers in the building, but bring a towel and whatever toiletries you might need (we’ll have some on hand as well).
5. The building is right at Watertown Square at the terminus of the Bus 71 route to Harvard Square. The physical address is 9 Galen Street, Watertown, MA, but if you are driving that won’t help! Put 24 Pleasant street in your GPS and you’ll see a large parking lot at the back of the building next to the river. Enter the building and the Insight office is directly off the elevator on the 3rd floor. There is a parking garage, but it is not accessible to non-tenants.
6. In terms of preparation, the best thing you can do is plan to be flexible! As the teams form, organizations’ goals evolve, and your individual talents get discovered by others, you may find yourself working a variety of different tasks. It’s a good thing, and you’ll forge a valuable network in the process!
7. Don’t forget your powercords and if you want to bring a monitor, etc. that’s fine! We will have plenty of powerstrips though.
Safe travels, I look forward to seeing old friends and new faces.