In a little over 24 hours, we’ll all be kicking off the 6th Annual New England GiveCamp!
We thank you all in advance for making this impactful commitment to area non-profit organizations. As mentioned before, if you can no longer make it to the event, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP so we can shuffle volunteers as needed to ensure adequate coverage of the projects.
As you’re gathering your gear for the weekend, we wanted to provide you with some information that addresses a number of frequently asked questions:
1. We’ll open registration at 5:30 p.m. and have pizza/salad arriving about 6. We formally kick things off around 7 p.m. (or when there’s critical mass), so don’t feel you’ll miss out on something if you can’t make it on site by 6.
2. The BlueMetal office is on the 3rd floor at 9 Galen Street in Watertown. This is the building right at Watertown square (where the MBTA 71 bus line ends), but parking and building access is on the other side of the building, best reached by using the address 24 Pleasant Street. There is ample parking behind the building near the river; the garage requires a key card, so will not be available for use.
3. Many folks will stay overnight, and you’re welcome to bring air mattresses, tents, and teddy bears. We have two showers available (1 male and 1 female), but you’ll need to provide your own towel. We will have a small toiletry kit for you as well.. shampoo, soap, toothpaste, tootbrush, etc.
4. Meals will be provided: pizza Friday night, hot breakfast on Sat, sandwiches for Sat lunch, fajita bar for Sat dinner, continental breakfast Sunday, and wraps on Sunday – with plenty of snacks in between. There are vegetarian and gluten free options as well.
5. Team assignments are in flux as we are still working to finalize projects and identify needs with a couple of the organizations, so if you haven’t heard anything regarding the project(s) you’ll be assisting – don’t panic! We’ll get it all straightened out tomorrow evening.
6. “Flexibility” is the watchword for the weekend! At times, it will appear that chaos reigns, and at times chaos will definitely reign :), but the more you’re able to go with the flow and jump in, the more successful and enjoyable the event will be. Expect to be moving tables and chairs one minute, learning a new API another moment, and taking a break to open the building doors for a fellow attendee another!
If you have any additional questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com or text/call Jim O’Neil (check your email for the number in the Eventbrite message, sent on Nov. 5).
We’ll see you tomorrow!!
New England GiveCamp organizers